This course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing and specifically Microsoft cloud services.
You will be introduced to Microsoft Azure, and you will examine the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365. You will then perform an in-depth review of Microsoft 365, including a comparison of Microsoft on-premises services versus Microsoft 365 cloud services, a review of enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365, and an analysis of how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration.
The course then analyses how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
1. Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for Business Decision Makers and IT Professionals who aspire to deploy cloud services in their organization, or who are simply looking to acquire foundational knowledge on cloud fundamentals. This includes the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model specifically, with a general focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
2. What are the prerequisites?
This course is designed for Business Decision Makers and IT Professionals who aspire to deploy cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
General knowledge of networking, computing, and cloud concepts.
3. What will we learn?
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between the various cloud service models.
- Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 subscriptions.
- Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services.
- Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services and Microsoft 365 cloud services.
- Identify how Microsoft 365 services support teamwork.
- Describe identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity.
- Describe cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune.
- Describe data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection.
- Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365.
- Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
4. Learning Methods
4.1 Physical Classroom
At our training centre in the West Midlands, you will be able leave behind the distractions of your work life and immerse yourself in learning. Refreshments and lunch are complementary.
4.2 Virtual Classroom
Using Microsoft Teams as our communication platform, we are able to offer an interactive and engaging learning experience in a virtual classroom.
5. Course Outline
5.1 Module 1: Cloud concepts
Explore the core concepts of cloud computing and how it can help your business.
- Principles of cloud computing
- What is Microsoft 365?
- Select a cloud deployment
5.2 Module 2: Microsoft 365 productivity and teamwork capabilities
Learn about the productivity and teamwork solutions in Microsoft 365 and the capabilities that help people be more productive using Microsoft 365 – The World’s Productivity Cloud.
- Microsoft 365 productivity and teamwork solutions
- Engage employees with Microsoft Stream, Teams, and Yammer
- Get more done with Office across all devices
- File storage and sharing with OneDrive and SharePoint
5.3 Module 3: Microsoft 365 business management capabilities
Learn about the business management solutions in Microsoft 365 and the capabilities that help organizations be more productive using Microsoft 365 – The World’s Productivity Cloud.
- Manage your business with Microsoft 365
- Simplify device management with Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Get more done and stay secure with Windows 10
- Harness business intelligence with Microsoft 365 analytics and reporting
5.4 Module 4: Microsoft 365 security and compliance
Learn about the Microsoft 365 security and compliance solutions areas and the capabilities available to help enterprises secure their enterprise and meet regulatory requirements.
- Security principles and solution areas
- Identity and access management
- Threat protection
- Cloud security
- Information protection and governance
- Compliance management
- Manage risk, discovery, and audit
5.5 Module 5: Microsoft 365 Licensing and support
Learn more about Microsoft 365 licensing, service, and support options.
- Identify licensing options available in Microsoft 365
- Describe support offerings in Microsoft 365 services
- Describe the service life cycle in Microsoft 365
Why train with Vantage 365?
If you are considering booking some training for yourself or the people in your organisation, then you need to understand why you would want to train with Vantage 365. Here are just a few reasons why!
7.1 Passionate trainers
All trainers with Vantage 365 are passionate about what they do, the technology they work in, and love to share their knowledge with other people. We have a mixture of Microsoft Certified Trainers, Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals and industry leading experts who not only teach the course material, they share with you their own experiences to give you the best grounding going forward.
7.2 Support available post-course
Learning doesn’t finish with the end of the course, we will provide additional support following the exam with two drop-in virtual lunchtime sessions, where you can ask additional questions. We will also provide you with a free practice exam and exam voucher so that you can feel confident in passing your certification exam.
7. 3 Continually improving
Every delegate completes a course completion feedback form which is automatically sent to them after the course has been completed. The feedback we receive is constantly reviewed and feeds into our programme of continuous improvement.
7.4 Official certification and bespoke courses
We maintain flexibility in our approach and understand that the official courses don’t always spend as much time in certain areas as we would like. We have the ability to develop and tailor courses to your specific needs to ensure that your training objectives are met.
7.5 Flexible training schemes
Whether you want to purchase individual training courses or build a training partnership with us we will work to accommodate you. You can purchase a bank of training days which can be used with any of the training courses which we offer and are valid for a period of 12 months. Purchasing a bank of training days allows a discount of 20% on RRP.
Our training centre is located on The Waterfront in the West Midlands, located just 10 miles from Junction 4 on the M5, and within an hour of Birmingham Airport. If you don’t want to come to us, then we can deliver a course at your premises.
8. Find out more!
Speak to us, without obligation, to find out more about we can help you to fulfil your training requirements.
Telephone: 01384 593 720